Home > Previously Sold > LANCIA FLAVIA VIGNALE CONVERTIBLE, 1963
NEWMARKET GREY METALLIC (LAN 173) WITH BISCUIT LEATHER
Hexagon Classics are very pleased to offer the ex-Sir Basil Spence Lancia Flavia Vignale Convertible. The celebrated architect (1907-1976), most famous for designing the new Coventry Cathedral, purchased car chassis number 815.135.1315 brand new from Lancia Concessionaires Ltd, London for £2,350, which was a considerable sum of money for a vehicle at the time. Vignale built 1,601 two-door convertibles, and less than 50 were right-hand drive.
Built between 1962 and 1967, Vignale of Turin produced this very attractive 4-seat convertible design based on the Lancia Flavia coupe. It used the 1500cc alloy flat-four engine design, with twin carburettors and produced 90 bhp at 5,800 rpm.
Our Lancia Flavia benefitted from a full £37,000 restoration in the late 1980’s, and the disc brakes, clutch and wheel bearings have all been more recently renewed by Lancia specialists, De Freitas Brothers. The paintwork was renewed after a bare metal strip by Custom Motor Bodies in 2016/17. The hood is in very good condition. The Lancia Flavia also benefits from a wood-rimmed sports steering wheel, Motorola push-button radio and Wilton carpeting.
The Lancia Flavia is ideal for touring with its excellent interior space and large boot capacity. This is an excellent opportunity to purchase a rare right-hand drive convertible with Italian style and grace. It is complete with an impressive service history file, historic MOT’s, interesting correspondence between owners and an original sale leaflet.